Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Wondering...

Why is it that as soon as you get married, people start asking when you are going to start having kids??? Is it just that it seems like that should be the next step?

I'm not saying I don't want kids because I definitely do. I just don't know if I'm ready for them right now. I would like to spend a little bit of time just enjoying my husband and enjoying being married. I would also like to be a little more settled than we are now, as in financially stable, car paid off, possibly buy a house first, etc. I did have this big plan to wait until I'm 30 to start having kids. I figure, I'm only three years away, so I might as well wait. But... I will have to admit, after getting married and being around my friends with babies, it does make me think I could be ready now. So, I've kind of decided that we definitely aren't trying, but if it happens sooner than later it would be ok. :)

I'm sure my mom, mother-in-law, Michelle and everyone else that is ready for us to start having kids would be happy to hear this. But, still don't start thinking it's going to happen anytime soon.

2 comments:

  1. It is annoying, isn't it?! I would suggest at least waiting a year or so after you're married -- having a baby changes a lot of things! Not to say ours isn't great, but I'm so glad we waited 3.5 years to get pregnant! Especially living where you do -- go out and enjoy all CA has to offer and being able to come and go as you please! :) Just my opinion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i say yay! but i agree with you, i love kadi and hagen but i wish kyle and i would have had more time just the two of us, but we'll still be young when they are old so i guess we'll get it then, haha!

    ReplyDelete