Sunday, January 30, 2011

Wonderful Weekend

I hate to admit it, but I failed miserably at my diet this weekend. I am starting it back up tomorrow though!

This weekend was a pretty fun-filled weekend. Friday night, our friends Danny and Katrina came over for fondue. We made Swiss-Cheddar fondue and dipped bread, apples and veggies in it. Then we gorged out on filet, chicken and shrimp dipped in oil. Soooo delicious! This is such a fun thing to do with friends. If you've never used a fondue pot before, I highly recommending buying one (electric) and having friends over for a fondue night. Thanks for coming over Lassens! :)

Saturday, I went wine tasting with my friend Beatrice. It was a nice girls day. We started out at J Winery then went for lunch and a beer at Patterson's Irish Pub. We then moved on to Ledson winery. After Ledson, we decided that we wanted to go somewhere else, so we decided to go to Rita's. Rita's is this little dive bar that we went to for karaoke one night and had a blast! After Rita's, we decided we should probably eat some dinner, so we decided to go to the Thai House in downtown Santa Rosa. After dinner, we went to a bar called Stout Brothers and then on the Christies for a little dancing. We had such a blast all day and it was definitely a much needed girls day. Sometimes, you just have to have a day/night out with the girls.


Today, the hubby and I have had a very relaxing day. Our day has consisted of taking a nap, watching tv and cooking dinner. It has been the perfect, relaxing day!

I hope you all had a great weekend! What did you do this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend! I love doing a chocolate fondue fountain! My hubby and I had to work all weekend, so it was not nearly as exciting as yours! Cute blog!!

    ReplyDelete