Monday, May 6, 2013

Cinco de Drinko Weekend!!!

We Americans use any excuse we can find to drink. I'm certainly not complaining though! Especially when the drink of choice is margaritas. 

Instead of going out this weekend and spending WAY too much money, Brian and I decided to stay home and make our own margaritas and tacos. Friday night, I made strawberry and strawberry-banana margaritas and we played canasta and watched Roxanne and Soul Man (we love 80's comedies). Saturday, we took the dogs for a long walk since the weather was so nice. Saturday night, we watched the Bulls game and made tacos and raspberry margaritas. Sunday, we cooked breakfast, went for a walk and then made mixed berry margaritas. We were really on a margarita kick!!! It was a nice, relaxing weekend. 




The Perfect Frozen Margarita Recipe

Fill blender with ice to about the 4-5 cup line
Add about one cup of your favorite frozen or fresh fruit
2 shots of tequila
1 1/2 shots triple sec
1 shot club soda
1 shot sweet n sour mix
1/2 shot simple syrup
juice of half lime
blend 

So easy and sooooo good!


Have a great week!


3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous that you had nice weather this weekend!! So glad you had a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm margaritas!!!! and puppies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any excuse to drink, that's right! I didn't really celebrate, but I did feel compelled to make Mexican food instead of chicken tikka that night. haha And of course made a weird margarita out of what I had in my fridge. Key Lime soda. . . won't be trying that again! haha

    ReplyDelete