Monday, October 25, 2010

wishing life away.

Sometimes I sit back and realize that I have done a lot of wishing my life away. There are so many moments in my life that I wish I would have enjoyed more instead of looking forward to the next thing. In elementary school, I couldn't wait to be in junior high. In junior high, I couldn't wait to be in high school. In high school, I couldn't wait for college. I probably would have had a lot more fun at my Senior prom if I wasn't looking forward to graduation. I probably would have had a lot more fun on my 20th birthday if I wasn't so ready to be 21. Actually, I take that back, I freaked out on my 20th birthday because I wasn't going to be a teenager anymore. At that point, I seriously thought "what more do I have to look forward to? Getting married, having kids, retiring and then just waiting to die?". Looking back now, I really can't believe I was really thinking that at age 20. I'm almost 30 now and definitely don't think the same as I did when I was 20. I guess that's what they call growing up. Geez, why do we have to grow up?

I've decided that I am not going to live my life waiting for the next thing. I'm going to cherish every moment of every day! This week for instance, I am soooo looking forward to the Lady Antebellum concert on Friday, but I'm not going to let my excitement for that one event take away from all the small events that will happen this week. Tonight, I am going to enjoy the simplicity of cooking dinner and watching tv in comfy clothes with the hubby.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment