Friday, August 31, 2012

Favorite Things August Edition

It's that time again, the end of the month! And that means linking up with my beautiful friend Ashley for Favorite Things. Can you believe tomorrow is September 1?

August has been kind of a boring month. You would think with it being the last hot month of summer that there would have been many bbq's, trips to the beach, the lake or the river, picnics, etc; but it just didn't happen this month. Time just got away! I'm definitely going to make up for it in September. 

Here are a few of my favorite things from August....

Applebee's happy hour. About once a month, we head to Applebee's for happy hour. We know both the bartenders, so it's fun to go have some cheap drinks and wings and chat. 

Taking these little monsters for a morning walk. They love running through the park and chasing the ducks. It's good exercise for them and nice to be outside on a beautiful summer morning. 

Getting this text from my friend, Katrina. About six months ago, we discovered we both LOVE A Fine Frenzy, so you can only imagine our excitement when we found out she was going to in concert here. Tickets are purchased and now we are just waiting for Oct. 11. You can bet this concert will be one of my October Favorite Things. 

Opening my online store, Bitz & Pieces, with handmade picture frames and custom made canvases. If you're in need of a unique gift or just something for your own home, let me know. I would be happy to help custom create something for you. 

Zumba!!! Getting back into zumba and getting the motivation to start working out again. I absolutely LOVE zumba. It's a great way to burn calories and have fun while doing it! 

Looking at these things makes me realize August wasn't near as boring as I thought! Goodbye, August!!! Hello, September AND Fall!!!! 

Head on over and link up with Ashley! 

5 comments:

  1. And your wonderful conversations with me. Those are worthy of nothing but laughter. Love ya! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't do the Zumba...I feel like a idiot...I am sure you look hot! ;) Yay for the store opening up!!! So excited for you!!! It's about damn time!! Happy Labor Day, lovey!!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for your store! You're so talented.

    I can't wait to hear about the concert.

    I always love seeing pictures of those sweet little dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHMYGOODNESS, I absolutely LOVE a Fine Frenzy! So awesome that you are going to go see them!

    And I love Zumba - it's so much fun. I always look like an uncoordinated monkey when I do it, though, so I sort of try to avoid it in public. Instead I just do the dvds or play the game on our xbox. Less public humiliation that way. :)

    ReplyDelete