Friday, June 29, 2012

Favorite Things June Edition

Today, I am linking up with Ashley from Dancing With Ashley for her first Favorite Things link up.

I love so many things about June. I love that it's actually the first month of summer (even though I think summer starts in May), I love the warmer weather, I love the BBQ's, I just love everything about June. 

So... here are some of my favorite things from the month of June. 

1. The Weather
 I don't know about you, but to me 80-85 is the PERFECT summer weather. Last year, it seemed like it rarely got above 75 and I pouted wondering if we were ever going to have a summer. This year, it has already reached 100 here twice, which is very rare for the area I live in. I will take this weather over hot, sticky Missouri any day! Last time I went back to Missouri in the summer, I thought I was going to die of a heat stroke!

2. Kombucha
  If you haven't heard of Kombucha, you are missing out. This stuff is seriously A-freaking-mazing! I used to drink at least one cup of coffee every morning and at least 1-2 diet pepsi per day. This week, I've had 2 diet pepsi total and NO coffee. This stuff gives me natural energy, which is way better than any caffeinated drink. It also helps suppress my appetite. I am not very hungry and when I do eat, I get full really fast. 

3. So You Think You Can Dance
SYTYCD is probably my favorite reality competition show. I look forward to this show all year and as soon as it starts, I know summer is here. For some reason, SYTYCD is the sound of summer to me. So You Think You Can Dance... Dance... Dance... Dance... I feel sorry for Jeremy having to watch this with me (he actually really likes it), I jump around the room and twirl around pretending (keyword pretending) that I can dance. 

4. This Picture
    My friend Dianna and I watching Lonestar at the Sonoma-Marin Fair. I absolutely LOVE concerts, and summer is full of great concerts in the bay area. There's just something about being outside, listening to live music with a beer (or two) in my hand. 

5. Fresh Strawberries
  Fresh strawberries from the fruit stand here is one of my favorite summer treats. Growing up, my grandma always made strawberries and pie crust. That was her version of strawberry shortcake, and it is definitely my favorite way to have my strawberries.

What are some of your favorite things from the month of June? Can you believe June is almost over? Head on over and link-up with Ashley

I may or may not be going to see Magic Mike with my MIL today. :)

Happy Friday!!!

10 comments:

  1. Girlll!!! you have to let me know how Magic Mike is. Drool!

    I am considering hating you just because of your weather. NC's weather today? 103. That's right....1 0 3

    You know I love me some SYTYCD too. So glad our girl Miaaaa is back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe june is almost over! it is my favorite month of the year. the weather finally gets nice and stays nice and all the summer activities begin. i love strawberries and all sumer fruits. it is just the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of your weather! It is scorching here in NC!

    I have been reading about Kombucha. I am definitely going to have to try it out!

    Nice to meet you! I am over from Ashley's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about June too! It also helps that my birthday is in June so it makes it the perfect month! Also, the design of your blog is BEAUTIFUL! It looks so legit! Did you do it yourself? Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you better. I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful ladies up there! We should be on SYTYCD we could electric slide.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer concerts are the BEST! I'm totally intrigued with that Kombucha stuff, I have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's 106-110 here. It makes me want to stay inside forever , except I will consider leaving to come spend a day with you under your sun. Unless it's 100 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love love love SYTYCD too!!! found you on Dancing with Ashley's link up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love fresh strawberries, they are my fave!
    Just found your blog, you are so sweet :)
    Ah cant wait to see Magic Mike, hope you have a great weekend!
    Amy xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, love everything about this- strawberries, the weather, everything! Except I definitely need to investigate this kombucha stuff - it sounds pretty dang awesome!!

    ReplyDelete